A security deposit is the amount of money a tenant pays to secure a place of residence. Security Deposits are used to cover the costs to rehab a property when a tenant vacates the property to return it to rental ready condition, but not all costs are applicable to the tenant. Security Deposits are used to cover tenant abuse and neglect, not wear and tear. How do you define abuse and neglect vs. wear and tear? That is a great question and there is no completely clear definition, a lot of it is subjective and this is where Deposit Defender helps protects you, the tenant.
Deposit Defender is the most comprehensive inspection app on the market. This app allows the property manager to thoroughly document the condition of the property with the ease of their phone or tablet (Apple and Android compatible) prior to a tenant moving in/taking possession. This provides the manager with a clear, concise, report that is date stamped and can be used in court, should the situation arise. Small claims court cases between landlords and tenants regarding security deposit deductions are the absolute most common cases filed and often property managers find themselves stuck in the middle. The burden is on the property manager to accurately document the condition of the property when the tenants moved in and when they vacate and turn over possession, there are no small details! The more prepared a property manager is by correctly and thoroughly documenting the condition of the property when the tenants moves in and out, the better the chances are that there will not need to be a court case, saving the property manager time, energy as well as the possibility of being held liable for damages as a result of being considered negligent. Deposit Defender is the best tool on the market to help facilitate a thorough inspection protecting the property manager from possibly being sued and doing the best possible job for both the landlord and the tenant.
- An easy to use app, that downloads to your phone/tablet that anyone can use for $4.99
- Provides an inspection layout/template of your property (ie: number of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc.)
- A list of items to be documented in every room (ie: doors, windows, blinds, floors, etc.). Within this list you can add the following to each item:
- Pictures (unlimited)
- Voice/Talk to text
- Once you purchase the app, you can access your inspection at any time, it does not expire
- You are able to conduct as many inspection as you like at no additional charge, this allows you to conduct before and after inspections
- You can print out the inspection and bring it with you to court